Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The little red Schoenhut

One of my favorite gifts that Norah received upon her birth is this little Schoenhut. It was given to her by our good friends Carlo and Becca (and Henry). Now that Norah is sitting up and demonstrating [a little] better muscle control we thought we'd get it out and let her give it a whirl. She loved it! Especially once she figured out that SHE was the one making the noise. Thanks again Carlo and Becca! I think this is probably just the beginning of kids learning to play instruments in our home, and the many great sounds that will accompany that :).

10 comments:

nathan said...

From what I can tell, she favors minor thirds. Good girl.

Erin said...

that thing is so cool! she is getting so big you guys!!!

Annette said...

I love it, I love it. I love the fact that it is red. I love seeing her play. I love her. I love you. I love knowing we will see all of you in a few weeks. And I love the music she made.
One proud Gram.

BECBEC said...

She is really quite talented!! Henry thinks she's a prodigy. I'm glad she's making some good music!

M said...

That's so darling! Huzzah for another Bowen musician. Sam used to like to play the piano, but now he's just interested in opening and closing the lid over the keys. Hopefully he doesn't teach Norah any bad piano habits when you guys come to visit.

Catherine said...

She could use some lessons.Just kidding! I love it!


















































































































p

Laura-Lu said...

this kid is gonna be a rockstar.

jen said...

That is adorable!She is a music prodigy already. I'm thinking maybe Lily needs one of those for her birhtday! That is so fun to watch.

Mom or Dad said...

Bravo! She'll be the youngest child prodigy to perform at Carnegie Hall! We loved watching her play. Her finger work was amazing. We love you all, Mom and Dad

Smarties said...

This is so awesome. I love it! I also love Norah's reactions when she discovers the camera-person. Nathan, you might want to look into getting a bumbo for your piano too.