Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day


While we might catch a glimpse of the St. Patrick's Day parade going down Fifth Avenue today, the real festivities are taking place at the lunch table. Norah likes to wear green by putting zucchini/pear mush all over, particularly behind and in her right ear. And occasionally in her mouth. I take this as a sign that she doesn't want to be pinched. Anywhere.


And while we're on the topic of St. Patrick's Day (this is SJ speaking now), this has been on my "to read" list for a long time, and I'm making a St. Patrick's Day Resolution that by next St. Patrick's Day I will finally read it. Someone please hold me to this.

2 comments:

Julia said...

Will really likes putting food behind his ears too. Perhaps they are saving it for later...

I haven't read Dubliners in a couple of years, so I want to read it along with you. I think my favorite story was The Dead, I love the description at the end of the snow falling all over Ireland, and therefore all over the world.

Annette said...

Love that girl!