Monday, March 02, 2009

Day at the Museum



On Saturday we met up with the Rissers to go to the Natural History Museum and the Shake Shack. Here we all are outside the NHM. Norah and Van (both tucked into their dad's jackets) were born two days apart last July.

The rare family photo. Here we are in the main entrance (sorry the lighting isn't so great).

contrary to what is portrayed in the movie Night at the Museum, 'Rexy' is not in the main entrance. He's up on the 4th floor, which we didn't make it to this time. Saturday + winter = very busy at the NHM. And when you throw strollers and crowded elevators into the mix, it is trickier than you might think to get to the 4th floor.

We did enjoy the African Hall of Mammals though:



and my favorite main attraction, the whale! Behold:

And here's Norah and me in front of a meteorite:

I think that Norah's favorite part of the museum was actually all the people at the museum, especially the kids who were at her eye level. Give her another year though, and this stuff will start to blow her mind.

6 comments:

Annette said...

When I see these photos, you know what? Norah in my hands, right now!

jen said...

What an amazing museum. My kids would live that place!

Smarties said...

My kids will be insanely jealous of these pictures. But what about Easter Island guy and Attila the Hun?? Norah is adorable as always.

Laura-Lu said...

My favorite is the first one with norah inside nathan's coat.

Kristin said...

I LOVE Norah in the jacket. That is so awesome.

Heather said...

she is so adorable!!! look at that face.... so cute!

do you like your maclaren? still shopping can't decide