Friday, July 25, 2008

One Week Update

Now that Norah has gone from being days old to a whole new category of a week old, we feel it's time to celebrate. After all, she only gets a small handful of these graduations before she's stuck with years like the rest of us. Let's see what's happening.


"Does this make me look fat?"

Eleanor has been to her first doctor's appointment, and she's starting to fill out to 6.6 lbs, which is something like 6 lbs, 9ish ounces. This is good, because she's adding on weight due to breast-feeding (there. I said it) and we haven't had to use formula yet. Little did I know babies lose weight in the first few days after birth, but then gain it back after mothers lactate. So soon this outfit will fit her perfectly. For now, we like to call her svelte.


Here we see that the hair is coming in as a mullet. She has mostly strawberry blond hair, so the color here in this picture can be deceiving. Then again, baby hair in general can be deceiving. 'Never go round trustin' baby hair,' says I. But as the famous Coachmen sing so well, 'You can always trust a mullet.'


Speaking of music, here's a photo of Norah and me singing in harmony. I took the soprano part while Norah sang bass. We might have been working out a new arrangement of 'Til There Was You.

Here are some firsts for Norah:

1. pee-on-my-parents when they try to bathe me.
2. manicure.
3. 4.5 hour nap (a record!)
4. established communication - I've worked out an easy sign with my parents when our feeding arrangement is not working (vigorous headshake and cry sends the message loud and clear. They get me now)

Good times.

7 comments:

Kristin said...

She's so small! I love it!

M said...

Sam has a mullet too - he's hoping Norah will join his 80's hair band. Is she willing to start rehearsing at Riverband? He's hoping to do a cover of Alice Cooper's "Poison" first.

Nachelle said...

Oh she is so little, enjoy it! Love the mullet, Miya has a nice one too, it is even better when they get their bald spot on the back of their head with a mullet right beneath...love it

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations Nathan and Sarah Jane! I'm so happy for you. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Love, Sarah

The Mercer Family said...

Holden's hair was dark dark dark when he was born..then he lost it all and now it's come back...but very light light brown...so I know what you mean by not trusting a baby's first head of hair! heh She's lookin good!

k. said...

beautiful. can't wait to meet her. tonight! :)

Jessica Brown said...

Congradulations you guys! I love the mullet. And Nathan, you are a hillarious writer. Thanks for the laugh!