Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Mr. Mom


Today is my first day back at work. I'm a little heartbroken. The last 3 months have been truly wonderful. Getting to be with my girl all day, watching her grow and change, learn to smile and laugh, and even going through the battles of naps, sickness, and just learning to understand and know her better. It has been the greatest time. And to have Nathan around too. I know that most new moms don't get to have their husband around like I have, and I am truly grateful. And even though Nathan has been really busy, juggling many different projects, and working a lot, he has been around, and just him being there, us all together, has been amazing. Truly magical.

But today I got up, and for the first time in 3 months the first thing I did was take a shower. I got ready for work, and after getting to spend a wonderful 30 minutes with Norah, I left. The last time I went to work I was 9 months pregnant. (I forgot how much easier the commute is when it isn't 95 degrees, and I'm not carrying around an extra 30 pounds.) I have to admit it is sort of fun to be back. I do really like my job, and given the current state of the economy and seeing so many friends trying to find jobs right now, I'm very grateful for it. That said, I miss my girl like crazy, and I am resisting the urge to call home every ten minutes. Baby steps to 5 o' clock (a mantra I picked up from "What About Bob").

I am reassured to know that Norah is well taken care of, home with her dad who loves her every bit as much as I do. Thanks honey!

3 comments:

k. said...

I'm sure it will be an interesting adjustment for all involved. Hang in there. And yes- you're lucky. Both to have a great job in a tanking economy, and to have a husband who will do such a lovely job at home.

I like your family.

karisa said...

good luck with the breast feeding, nate!

shayna said...

oh goodness, reading this entry made me want to have a little Norah. You're good with the words.