Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My new addiction

So I know that ebay has been around forever, but I have just recently made it a part of my life and I am here to say it has changed it forever. As we are suddenly in the business of accumulating mass baby items I've realized that having a baby is not cheap. There is SO MUCH to get. Lately I have started scoping out ebay (and Cragislist) on a regular basis, and so far we've been pretty lucky.

We have been able to get the exact crib we want for half the price (on Craigslist).

The exact baby bouncer we wanted for $40 cheaper. (p.s. this bouncer is so awesome because it folds up which is amazing for a small New York apartment)
And the exact baby sling I wanted for $14 cheaper.

While I'm on the subject of baby stuff, do any of you have any recommendations of things we MUST get, or that we definitely DON'T NEED? I feel sort of clueless and would love any advice or recommendations on favorite brands and/or must have items.

7 comments:

Jenna Theobald Broadbent said...

Yes. You NEED a nanny. You don't need a Baby Bjorn--though it might be fun for the city. Want ours?

We've loved our Bumbo chair (with attachable feeding tray when she's ready for eating).

Other than that, we've just borrowed all our toys etc from others and share around what we have. Let me know if you guys need anything--seriously--we may have it and could send it out.

Love you
J

Kristin said...

Too bad you can't buy your actual baby on ebay. That would save you a lot of trouble.

Nachelle said...

Just found your blog...too fun! Love the crib, shopping for baby stuff is so much fun and no fun at all right, it is fun picking out, not fun paying for it so it is nice you are finding good deals!
PS You are so cute prego, this is the first pics of scene of you prego

Melanie said...

We have no idea what we will or won't need - guess we will find out soon enough!! One thing I decided against was the wipe warmer...why? I'm sure some love it and wouldn't trade it, but it seems pointless to me. If you've got somewhere for her to sleep, something to dress her in and some diapers you can get everything else later, right??

holly said...

i have loved our swing, though it might be a little bit big for your NYC apartment. The bouncer is awesome too. it's great because you can move the babe around the apartment with you but not have to hold her all the time in the first few weeks/months. Leo isn't sitting in his Bumbo yet, but I know a lot of people who swear by it.

btw, i owe you an email update. i promise it's coming very soon. love you!

Scott and Elly said...

That's a really nice crib! We used Craig's List a ton when buying the big baby items, because there are so many people here that buy the best and hardly use it! I'm glad you guys are finding good deals on baby stuff! It definitely adds up!

Jen said...

For the first month or so SwaddleMe blankets are awesome. We used them every night and often during the day. Boppy pillows are great too. Anytime you hold the baby, it supports your arms. You could even fall asleep with the baby in your arms and not worry about dropping them.CONGRATS on the baby!