Sunday, August 15, 2010

This Month Is Such a Special One...

So, in our family we affectionately call July the 'Month of Fun' since all 3 of us have birthdays in July. I realize that going forward we may have to refrain from referring to it as that so as not to make certain imminent newcomers to the family feel left out, but until then, behold the Month of Fun...

I am usually especially great at documenting Nathan's birthday because it falls on the 4th of July, but this year I guess I was a real deadbeat wife, because this was all I managed to capture.




We did have a really fun day though, barbequeing and watching fireworks with friends, and celebrating our first Fourth of July in California.





Norah's birthday was a lot of fun. She woke up extra early that morning :), she must have known it was a special day. We started the day opening presents, then went for a fun family hike up to a waterfall (one of Norah's favorite hikes), came home and made Mickey Mouse pancakes and then crashed before the birthday party that evening.




Her birthday happened to fall on one of the hottest days we've had this summer, so what we had hoped would be a nice evening in the park turned out to be pretty sweltering. We appreciated everyone enduring the heat to come support Norah and eat melting popcicles with us. She had a great time.




Norah had very few requests for her birthday, but one thing that she kept asking for was 'a pink cake with two candles.' Wish granted.

And since I wasn't sure everyone would want bright pink cake (including myself) we had a back-up to share with friends.


For the past couple of years my birthday has sort of gotten lost in the shuffle of bigger life events such as the birth of our first child, and moving our family across the country. So this year it was fun to be able to spend my birthday just hanging out with my two best peeps. The bonus was that our BFs the Mills happened to be in town too!

We spent the morning in Santa Monica having brunch and walking around the Farmers Market, and then the rest of the day taking great naps, great walks, and going out for ice cream. It was a really perfect day.





Until next year 'Month of Fun.' Or as we'll probably call it next year, 'July.'

4 comments:

Audrey Crisp said...

Happy birthday ya'll! How fun you all have the same month of birthdays!

Em N. said...

HOLY HAIR Norah! I love it! I can't believe how much it's grown since we last saw you. Man oh man we can't wait for Friday!
Happy bday to the Bowen's! Love the pics and man SJ, you look great.

shayna said...

Dear God, In my next life can I move my birthday from August to July so I can be a part of the "Month of Fun?" Love, Shayna

k. said...

I can't get over Norah! She's so blonde! Love her hair. Such a pretty girl.

SJ, you do pregnant so well. Can't wait to see your BB.