Sunday, February 07, 2010

Visitors!

Last month we were lucky to have some great visits from family. A couple of weeks ago my sister Laura came to town to spend a few days with us while her husband was in Brazil for work. For those of you that also read Laura's blog these photos will be awfully familiar (seeing as I blatantly poached them from her), but she is the one with the photo-taking skills, so we let her do the documenting while she was here.


While much of the time was spent just hanging around, taking naps, and doing the day to day stuff, we did manage a few fun outings— including a couple trips to the beach...










(as well as more than one trip to Tito's Tacos, and more than one trip to Crumbs Bakery :)


...and a gorgeous sunny day in Santa Monica.




Thanks for coming sister! We loved having you and are already missing you big time.


Laura's visit was also sandwiched between two great weekends with Nathan's parents– one down in Orange County, and one here with us. Turns out California is a much bigger draw in January for visitors than New York was :).

7 comments:

Eliza said...

that black and white damask chair is pure sweetness - would you be willing to tell me where it comes from?

Sarah Jane said...

Thanks Liza, coming from someone who's taste I idolize that is a high compliment! It is actually just an IKEA chair that I had a custom slipcover made for. I looked for a black and white chair forever and never found one I loved (within our budget:), so I just bought some fabric and had it done.

shayna said...

Norah is just stunning. The beach looks really beautiful from all the way over in Vermont.

Catherine said...

Norah is the sweetest little thing on earth besides Lily. Can not wait to see you! Only 5 more days!

Laura-Lu said...

Thanks for having me, it was delightful.

Annette said...

Thanks for the great time. We miss you!

Eliza said...

So, I have just now checked back to this thread of comments - and I would like to add a further, "bravo" to that chair. I love that you had an Ikea chair covered. Brilliant! I have often thought of having that done, but never gotten around to doing it. Just curious was it mucho $$ to have it covered?

Along these lines have you heard about the Swedish company that makes slip covers for Ikea furniture? I just heard about it recently myself. The company is - http://www.bemz.com/ Just another cool way to make Ikea a little less Ikea and a little more custom. me likes!!